Our coaching services cover some four specific "stages" that any marriage relationship might go through.
1) Preparation, Preparation, and Preparation Before the marriage.
2) the crucial first to the eighth year of the marriage,
3) blended Marriage and
4) Cross-cultural Marriage
The truth of the matter according to statistics is that between 45 to 55% of marriages that hit the rock every day go through these stages. This means that at any stage, a determined couple who respectfully want to stay together would seek intervention to reignite their marriage that may be weakening during the length of the journey. It is a journey. Right? The painful truth is that very few couples want to separate or divorce; if only they could find help somewhere to give them the tools to build (a new beginning) a new marriage to live in for the rest of their lives!!!!!
People's attitudes toward marriage today is becoming cold. The mention of the word"MARRIAGE" alone scares some of them. Why? From our point of view, people do not want to go into marriage "TO FAIL" or get hurt. Do you blame them? marriage is being looked at as a gamble. Do you gamble with life/marriage?
The advantages of marriage far outway the disadvantages. That is why a lot of people are still drawn to marriage today. The problem is not getting married. The problem is staying in the marriage the full length and enjoying the journey.
Our programs provide maintaining/enhancing the course of this journey.
Preparation before marriage.
The most important part of ANY journey/project in life is preparation. When it comes to marriage a lot of people do not even consider it as important. Big Mistake! Because they did not do this, here is the beginning of the proverbial flashing "RED LIGHT". Quite a lot have been written in favour of pre-marriage preparation. Very few couple take heed and they are grateful for it. As a specialist in marriage issues I here sound the warning again and again. Somehow a huge number of people mis-interpret/misunderstand this preparation language. There are two kinds of marriage preparation:
(1) Preparation for the marriage journey ---- THE RELATIONSHIP. The journey is in the relationship. When a couple is equipped at the begining through pre-marriage coaching (or at any point during a bad relationship) with the right tools, skills, knowledge and wisdom to regain control, rebuild/enhance that relationship, then and only then can their marriage be guarateed for life. There are good reasons for engaging in pre-marriage programs.
(1) It will bring you to your personal awareness of what marriage is about............
(2) It will make you prepare better for the marriage ceremony.............
(3) You will discover many things about yourself which if you had carried them into the marriage journey that could have ruined your relationship.............. and more!
Surely you will know more than the couple who had no clue or about this "body of knowledge"
about marriage. If you don't know what you don't know..................?
(2) Preparation for the Ceremony( the wedding)--Either by default, ignorance or sheer ego, many couples have mistaken this preparation as all encompassing: that is it includes No. (1) preparation and ended up in slow (sometimes quick) but inevitable crash. The good news is that no matter where you are at NOW in an unfulfilled troubled marriage relationship there is help here.
We are not saying that the ceremony is not necessary. After all if there is no wedding the marriage journey cannot start. The question is " HAVE YOU PREPARED FOR THE JOURNEY? AND HOW?
Both couple will enjoy all the pumps and pageantry more if they are sure of their journey. Marriage is not a guess work or a gamble. You either win beautifully or fail woefully. It is either you are enjoying it or NOT. There is no middle ground. This day and age we have choices. WIN OR LOSE. I believe every couple aim for WIN_WIN_WIN!!
Ask yourself one question. Are these ceremonies you have budgeted for, the REAL MARRIAGE ITSELF OR THE RELATIONSHIP? You will need to step back and sleep over this decision for a moment. Think here to prioritise the better option. It is a major decision in life. It will either make you or mar you.
An ideal marriage preparation is, going to look for a marriage intervention programme right at the very begining (the prevention Approach) to learn the skills and have the tools (some driving lessons so to speak, to avoid crashing) which will guide you on this long and beautiful journey; after getting through the ceremonial wedding. Any couple who wants to get married and fails to pay attention to go through one of these preparation programmes, would have had their chances of success instantly slashed by half. Frightening but true. If you want to do what you have never done before, you need an expert in that body-of-knowledge to guide you. And if you carry on only to discover that the "car" is breaking down you need a mechanic to deal with it to make it function again. It is no brainer nor a rocket science. But why do so many marriages continue to fall by the side?
The success rate of an excellent marriage coaching program "at any point of intervention" is as high as 95% and it does not matter whether the couple did not go through premarriage coaching as the foundation.